WELCOME!

Formed way back in 1933 at a public meeting at Nottingham University College, Shakespeare Street, the Society was first called 'The Nottinghamshire Footpaths Association'. Adopting its present title in 1937, the Society soon embarked on a plan for recording details of the rights of way shown on the six-inch Ordnance Survey maps. This work quickly brought to light the neglect of our local footpaths, so regular rambles were organised to clear obstructions and make little-used paths more widely known.

Today the Society, with a membership now of about 125, is still engaged in monitoring the County's much improved footpath system, along with our friends in the Ramblers. We are constantly in touch with the County Council, working to keep our network open and up to date for those who love walking. 

Our main activity now however is taking part in a programme of medium-length walks, mainly around Nottinghamshire, on every other Tuesday throughout the year. During the summer months we do some additional shorter walks, also on Tuesdays.

 

They are very popular, with as many as a quarter of our total membership out enjoying up to eight miles of delightful countryside and conversation. All our walks start at 10.30 am prompt (unless otherwise stated), finishing normally around 2.30 pm. We have been known to stop at a pub for lunch, but usually take food and drink with us.

  © Nottinghamshire Footpaths Preservation Society - 2016
This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now